My Life's Story
Art, in some form or another, was in my life from the first day that I remember, always drawing, painting, performing, playing music, sewing, or creating something.
During my time studying in college as an art student, I realized that I didn’t want to be the sort of artist who is always sitting in a studio, painting on a canvas for my own pleasure. I understood that I wanted to bring my art out of the studio and onto the street for everyone to enjoy. That’s when I decided to become a muralist.
Main Dates and Facts:
- My story starts in Belarus, in Soviet times, in a small town Baranovichi. There I was born, grew up, went to art school.
- At the age of 16 I went to Minsk to study at an art college with a degree in classic painting and art teaching.
- At 2002, I started my career as a muralist. I took part in many mural and decorative projects in Moscow, Russia.
- In 2005, I moved to Saint Petersburg, Russia, where I entered and graduated from The Saint Petersburg Arts Academy with a degree in Monumental Public Art.
- In 2007, I joined a community of artists, set up for achieving our creative goals and making our projects, private and public, realized. (www.33plus1.ru)
- 2008 accomplished my first outdoor wall mural in St. Petersburg, Russia
- In 2012, I moved to the Bay Area, Oakland, California
- 2014 I accomplished my first outdoor mural in US (Oakland, CA)
- In 2015, I moved to Denver, Colorado
I’ve participated in many art projects, created many murals in different cities and countries, and I feel as long as there are empty walls in cities and people need art, than my mission as a muralist is not accomplished!
Other Interests and Passions of my Life:
If I wouldn’t be a painter I would be a photographer
I love to travel and explore new places
Nature and Animals
I have a sweet friend, my pug Vasily