My Life's Story
Art, in some form or another, was in my life from the first day that I remember, always drawing, painting, performing, playing music, sewing, or creating something.
During my time studying in college as an art student, I realized that I didn’t want to be the sort of artist who is always sitting in a studio, painting on a canvas for my own pleasure. I understood that I wanted to bring my art out of the studio and onto the street for everyone to enjoy. That’s when I decided to become a muralist.
After accomplishing my first public art projects and wall murals, the feeling of fulfillment and the amazing feedback I received from the public confirmed that I was on the right path.
Creating art for people’s homes, decorating public spaces and seeing how much it changes people’s attitudes to an environment, gives them appreciation for their community or makes them love their homes again. That’s what inspires me and makes me feel at my best as a muralist.
Main Dates and Facts:
- My story starts in Belarus, in Soviet times, in a small town Baranovichi. There I was born, grew up, went to art school.
- At the age of 16 I went to Minsk to study at an art college with a degree in classic painting and art teaching.
- At 2002, I started my career as a muralist. I took part in many mural and decorative projects in Moscow, Russia.
- In 2005, I moved to Saint Petersburg, Russia, where I entered and graduated from The Saint Petersburg Arts Academy with a degree in Monumental Public Art.
- In 2007, I joined a community of artists, set up for achieving our creative goals and making our projects, private and public, realized. (www.33plus1.ru)
- 2008 accomplished my first outdoor wall mural in St. Petersburg, Russia
- In 2012, I moved to the Bay Area, Oakland, California
- 2014 I accomplished my first outdoor mural in US (Oakland, CA)
- In 2015, I moved to Denver, Colorado
I’ve participated in many art projects, created many murals in different cities and countries, and I feel as long as there are empty walls in cities and people need art, than my mission as a muralist is not accomplished!
Other Interests and Passions of my Life:
If I wouldn’t be a painter I would be a photographer
I love to travel and explore new places
Nature and Animals
I have a sweet friend, my pug Vasily